Sunday, July 29, 2007

Race's 1st Triathlon





Today was a fun day. Race did his very 1st triathlon. A couple weeks ago I asked him if he wanted to try one. He said sure. I asked him if he knew what a triathlon was and he just rolled his eyes at me. He said you swim, bike, and run. This was a great 1st time tri for him. He did a 25M swim, a 1.2mile bike, and a 400yd. run. I originally thought that it was in September but then realized it was July. It was so fun. We had to wake up at 3:45 to leave at 4:15 this morning. That was very early. Fortunately, Trent stayed the night at Scott and Kristens and Kali spent the night at Derek and Heathers. THANKS! That was so nice to only have to wake up 2 kids this morning. Race popped right up and was so excited. He didnt race until about 7:45 so we did quite a bit of sitting. When it was time he got all ready. He was so serious. He was all business. He did a great swim, he did freestyle the entire way. He passed one person in the water. He did great. Then he took off like he knew what he was doing, and went straight for his bike. Ricky followed to help him tie his shoes and get his helmet on. While they were in the transition area Ricky asked Race if he had fun in the swim and he replied with, Dad hurry up! It was so funny. He was so serious and there was no messing around. He took off on his bike and when he would pass us he didnt even look at us. I was laughing because it was just so cute. I really didnt think he would be that serious. He came back from his ride and racked his bike and took off running. He ended the race with a great a finish. It took him a whole 13:05 minutes. He got 1st place in his age group. He did great! We were so proud of him. He had so much fun.
My friend Jenn Schlegel also was there doing her 1st tri as well. She did great. I think she had fun. I will attach a few pics from today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

Race -
I had sooo much fun with you this weekend at the Tri! It was cool seeing you on your bike leg, while I was on my bike leg too! You did GREAT!! Maybe next time I'll get first place too! ;)

CB, Riley and Miranda had so much fun cheering you on too!

We're proud of you!

Love,
CB, Jenn, Riley, Logan, Miranda and Addi