so this whole week is teacher and staff appreciation week at my kids' school. why did i sign up to be committee chair in the beginning of the year? that was not too smart. the school my kids go to is Madison Traditional Academy. They are heavily ran by parents. So it has been crazy. we organized so that each day the teachers and staff received something special. I emailed out to each home room parent last week the schedule of ideas and what they needed to do to help. OH MY GOSH! some parents really have a nerve. They were emailing back saying there was no time to do the memory book, the flower idea was going to be a pain and.....It was crazy how so many parents have opinions but then never head anything. Funny how that happens. Anyways, the week as been successful. Everything has worked out great. So last Friday I did posters with the kids at lunch and hung them in the hallways on Monday and they received a cute homemade pill box from another parent. Tuesday was candy bar day. Then yesterday was flower day. each child brought in a flower to their teacher and we made bouquets. the kids love doing that. OH MY GOSH i got in trouble for the vases. They werent JUST right. go figure. you go around and find the perfect vase for $2.00 and then make sure there are 25 of them. Thursday is memory book day. last week i sent home each child with a piece of cardstock and they made a special picture or scrapbook page for their teachers. then we are putting them in binders with page protectors and presenting them to their teachers today. the kids love that one too. then tomorrow is LUNCH for all the staff. I am in charge so of course Paradise Bakery. OH YEAH! through out the week there were other random fun things. all in all this was a successful week. BUT really, parents need to not voice opinions if not asked. :)
I went and registered my kids at their new school in Gilbert. I talked to the principal and he thinks I need to put Trent in first grade. I keep debating. he is struggling in kinder right now but the school they go to teachers a grade up so he is really doing 1st grade work. i cant decided. the new principal didnt hesitate though and he thinks i should put him in 1st grade. i would HATE to move him down if it didnt work out. trent couldnt handle that. what to do?
other than that it has been work, house and kids. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment